Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home

OK. I’ve been a little lazy. On this jaunt across the pond, I’ve been lucky enough to have quite a lot of work. The paid kind (my favorite!).

But all work and no play makes Alec a dull boy. I have been neglecting my duties as a cheap and cheerful sometimes-expat, so I must submit a full report of where I’m living/working for the next five months or so. I know I wrote about it a lot, but it seemed a few pictures were in order.

As I mentioned last time, our apartment is quite deluxe. Because I travel with my interior decorator/home stager/design consultant (and head chef, best friend, canine co-parent, husband and love of my life -- very convenient, all that in one fella), the place is essentially as we found it, but more "us." Oh, no major purchases were made and no Photoshopping has been done to the following images – but Vince has moved a few things around to suit us.

A quick tour:

First Impressions: When you walk in, you are immediately tempted with the inviting terrace.

A Gauche: Nothing gauche about the comfy living room (but it is on the left).

Petit Cuisine: Vince somehow makes lovely meals in the wee kitchen. And for the first time living abroad, we have a dishwasher (and his name is not Alec). But we still miss our garbage disposal. Who wouldn't?

Dinner for Two: As the weather cools, we are dining in this cozy corner of the kitchen. Luckily, it's is still warm enough for occasional lunches on the terrace ; ) And there's a sweet little sandpiper (?) to remind us we are just steps from the sea. Love that kooky bird.

Did Someone Say 'Terrace'?: Oh it is huge and lovely. In Nice, it's all about outdoor living (weather permitting). It has table and chairs for four, two sun-loungers, two extra chairs and a cocktail table.

Beverly Hillbillies: And, the terrace has plenty of room to dry laundry (we have a washer, so we can avoid arduous trips to the Mediterranean Sea to beat our clothes on rocks).


And So to Bed: The bedroom is off the terrace. Separate, private, serene, with lots of sun. Both the day bed and sofa in the living fold out for sleeping too, so why not drop by and stay a spell?


The Loo: Unlike the Brady Bunch house, we have a full bathroom.

What a Commute!: Oh yeah, all that work I'm doing? It happens right here, at the European branch office of alecwagner.com. Have laptops, will travel.

Adieu!: Honey says "Drop by anytime!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE THIS! Your humble abode looks amazing! I'm living vicariously through these photos, and wish I could come visit! Give Honey a bone for me. :)

Mary said...

Oh la la. I love it and Honey looks very French. Any place you are at you both will make it home. See you soon loves.

Unknown said...

Tres chic! Your pics are so relaxing and need I say I LOVE what you've done with the place...please blog lots and lots more. I need a vacation and this is as close as I'm going to get :)

Susannah said...

Quel endroit merveilleux que vous avez trouve! I love the white and touches of blue, and the views are great too! I am looking forward to reading about your continuing adventures. :D

Sage Vivant said...

Love the place, especially your "office." No, wait. Especially the patio. Well.... actually the view is the best. Merde! I love it all!