Monday, August 24, 2009

Just Desserts

When I started this blog (waaay back last October), I wrote about my favorite pastry: the Paris-Brest. It's named after a the oldest bicycle race still run, and it's filled with sinfully creamy hazelnut-praline buttercream.

Well, here in the wee hamlet of Abeilhan, I may have found the best Paris Brest. Ever! I was getting bread yesterday morning at the bakery, and there it was. At 1.10 euors, I couldn't say non to that freshly baked sinful concoction.

Words fail me. But maybe you can get a taste of it by following these pictures of how I devoured my treat. Here's a bite-by-bite playback:






Vince, who's not crazy about sweets, seemed to enjoy the last bite. He even stopped reading his Agatha Christie book to have a taste:



And Honey loved licking the plate clean:

No comments: