Saturday, December 18, 2010

Oui Need a Little Christmas

I've had another long dry spell, as I have been busily working on a video chronicling the Yuletide season in Nice. The Christmas Market is set up every year on the Place Massena, just a few blocks from our apartment. Locals and tourists flock to the market to scoop up local crafts (Provencal pottery and santons), feast on holiday treats (spice bread and socca), take the kids to see Pere Noel (Santa Claus), ice-skate, and ride the ferris wheel.

The video has all of the above, plus a look at the village at night when it's lit up for the holidays. There's even an outtake at the end. Think of this as the 'Director's Cut.' Hope you like it. You can also see the a larger view of the video directly on YouTube by clicking this link.

Honey, Vince and I wish all our friends, family and loved ones the happiest of holidays!


2 comments:

Alissa Mathison said...

I love it! Puts me in the Holiday mood.

Sage Vivant said...

I love it! I kept smiling as I watched, not just because of the images but I was picturing you putting it all together and finding just the right music. So unutterably cute. :)