Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dog Is My Co-Pilot

Actually, dog (Honey, specifically) is my traveling companion. Vince is my co-pilot. For this trip, however, pilot and co-pilot flew on separate flights to Frankfurt. Why? American Airlines will allow dogs in the cabin of the plane for flights that are over a sea, but not an ocean. Huh? That's what we said. Anyhow, we had AA Frequent Flier miles to burn, so Vince flew American (changing planes in Chicago). Alec and Honey flew direct on United. Guardianship has its privileges.

In a future blog entry, I'll give some details about all the hoops one must jump through to take one's canine companion to Europe. Oh, the paperwork.

For now, I submit the following: one very pooped pup (yes, dogs get jet lag) last night after an 11-hour flight from SFO to Frankfurt).



And this morning, the Queen of the Luggage Cart (a.k.a. Miss World Traveler) with Vince.



Honey is indeed an amazing (and adaptable) dog. I hope she enjoys this adventure as much as Vince and I expect to. I think she will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're two for two with the blog posts. Keep it up! Did Honey really do well in the carry-on bag? I cannot imagine my little guy staying quiet and still for that kind of flight. And yes, do post everything about traveling with a dog overseas. I'm very interested in what it takes.