Sunday, July 26, 2009

Q & A

Some questions from friends and family have come our way. Here's an answer to one.

Q. What do you do when you're in Nice?
A. Take long walks. It's very relaxed here (as you might have gathered from previous posts). Sundays are especially leisurely, so we left our apartment (we're on the third level, with the little balcony) for a long stroll with Honey.



We hiked past the clock tower that keeps time (more or less) in the port of Nice.



Then we made our way into Vieille Ville (Old Town) Nice, where Honey and I paused for a picture.



Then we hiked up the hill toward the castle that overlooks town. There are some rather bad mosaics that dot the wall on one side of the walk. Vince and I figure someone in the Nice Historical Society had a relative with a glue gun and a lot of time on his/her hands.



Honey was tired after the hike.



But not too tired to meet a new friend.



We ambled back down to our favorite square, Place Garibaldi.



We each had a petite pression (small draft beer). Well, Vince and I did. Honey had water and a Milk Bone.



Yum. Sundays.

1 comment:

Juice said...

Alec and Vince, I look forward to these posts EVERYDAY! Your beach photos reminded me, I sat on that same wall and stared at the sea! Seems like a lifetime ago. I love reading these posts and seeing your photos and your faces. thanks for sharing. I know you're having a wonderful time. Tanti baci e abbracci, juice & all....PS I love the blue striped shirt...très français!!!