Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Journey Begins, Part Deux

I started this blog last October when Vince and I took our first extended trip (three months in Nice, France), and I published -- drumroll, please -- one entry. This time, it's for real. We'll be in Nice again, but in the coming months, we'll also be in France's Languedoc region (mmm, wine!), taking some day trips to Spain (mmm, paella!) and experiencing our first house swap together. All with our wee pooch, Honey, in tow.

We started out yesterday, and it's quite late as we take an overnight breather in Frankfurt, Germany (at the Frankfurt Airport's glamorous Holiday Inn Express). But I already have a story to share. Actually, I already have a few stories -- but only have enough steam left to relate this one.

Waiting to board my plane at SFO, guess what guest star from last season's "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List," contestant from this year's "Dancing with the Stars," and Apple Computer co-founder glides up on a Segway? Yep, Steve "Woz" Wozniak.

Nice guy. Very approachable, and he signed my MacBook and Time Capsule. He even provided his own Sharpie.


Alec: "Mr. Wozniak?"
Woz: "Yes?"
Alec: "Would you please sign my MacBook?"
Woz: "Of course."
Alec: "Great. Do you have a Sharpie? I just have a ballpoint pen."

Hey, if you don't ask...

Next stop: Nice and the sunny, sultry Cote d'Azur.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dooooooood. That is totally awesome!

Sage Vivant said...

OMG! See what happens when you become part of the jet set? I really need to find my membership card. I'm sure it's here somewhere....