Sunday, July 19, 2009

Slow Sunday sur La Plage

Spent a slow, sunny, sweet Sunday taking it easy. Left Vince and Honey at home in the afternoon so I could grab some soleil sur la plage (sun on the beach). On my way to the sea, I stopped at my favorite gelato stand, Fenocchio and had a small dish of vanille poivre rose (vanilla with pink peppercorns) gelato. Sounds crazy, tastes wonderful. Honest!

Swam in the salty blue Mediterranean, got some color, and enjoyed the conviviality of a packed beach. You can get an idea of how crowded it was by checking the Nice Web cam. Click on the view of Plage Sud-Ouest (Southwest Beach) on the far right, then click the Historique (history) drop-down menu on the left. If you select aujourd'hui 15:50 (today at 3:50 pm), you might even see me waving at the camera.

On the way back to the apartment, I stopped by Fenocchio and picked up some riz au lait (rice pudding) gelato for Honey.



The picture's blurry because she really went to town with her treat. I think she's discovered her new favorite flavor. At least for today.

No comments: